Github introduced an easy way to review pull requests and understand how changes impact your code. Now PHP developers can navigate to changed methods and functions right in their pull requests.
Searching in a PHP file for the term function or the name of a changed function using the file finder will provide you with a filtered view of the results, so you can easily identify and view the most affected parts of a pull request.
You can follow below steps to find changed functions and methods.
- Under your repository name, click Pull requests.
- In the list of pull requests, click the pull request where you’d like to find the changed functions and methods.
- On the pull request, click Files changed.
- To see a summary list of the changed functions and methods, click Jump to…
- Select the changed function or method from the drop-down menu. You can also enter the name of the function or method to filter results.
- You’ll be redirected to the first line of the function or method you selected.
We hope this helps make the review process for the PHP community more efficient.